Sunday, August 11, 2013

A jacaranda skirt

Almost a year ago, I made the inaugural Bothy skirt for a lady called Siggy. I liked it. She liked it. All was happy times.

When Siggy read about the teatowel-a-thon, she thought she'd like another P&E, so emailed me requesting a skirt from a still life, or a 'place' Australiana souvenir, featuring the colours purple, pink, teal or green, and a patch pocket. How lovely!
Of course, when I read 'purple', I though 'jacaranda'. Don't you? I knew I had a jacaranda teatowel in my collection and had (foolishly, it seems) assumed that it would have been a souvenir of Grafton. Not so. It's actually from that other well known jacaranda hub - Surfer's Paradise. Who woulda thunk it?

Either way, it was perfect for Siggy's skirt, teamed with a hand-embroidered black swan (with babies!!!) serviette as a pocket.
I don't know about you, but I love the colours. I love the flowers. I love the swans. 
Siggy, how about you?


1 comment:

  1. just spent a week in surfers and cant say I saw any jac`s....plenty of skin on display though!...very cute skirt x

    ReplyDelete