Friday, June 14, 2013

Cheers maaate xxx

I love birthdays. I love my friends' birthdays because it gives me a chance to honour them, write them a love letter, and make them some crafted goodness. This kind of craftiness - the super-rewarding kind - is, for me, at its finest when I'm crafting a gift for a loved one. It's a meditative act of reflection on the person you're crafting for, on your love for them, your relationship with them, fun times you hope for them. 
That's how I felt making this 4-pack of crocheted stubby holders (complete with 4 bottles of my latest brew - a dry-hopped pale ale - and a hessian carry bag) for a precious friend of mine's recent birthday. 
The 4-pack-holder is made from a potato sack, using a modified pattern from Taproot magazine.
Each stitch is a little "thank you" or an "I love you" or an "I'm so glad you're in my life" or an "I hope these stubby holders hold many happy times beers and not so many of the drowning sorrows variety". Some stitches contain wonders over which stubby holder will be the favourite, and which will be reserved for guests at lunches and picnics and dinners. And some stitches - many, many of them, in fact - contain heartfelt wishes for a life filled with love and laughter and growth and satisfaction.
Cheers lovely - I hope you can feel the love comin' down the crocheted and home-brewed line xxx


3 comments:

  1. Ohh I love this and I don't even drink beer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, Annie. Love your gorgy stubby holders and hession bag but love your words re: your friend even more. They would definitely be feeling the love:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be one of the best gifts ever! Cute :-)

    ReplyDelete