Friday, August 31, 2012

Our neck of the woods: Friday

Today was cold. Really cold. Luckily for me I had some thick hand-knitted legwarmers on, and I didn't actually ride down the hill this morning because Pearl was working at the markets so we all drove to town together.
On the ride home though, I was in love with the light falling on Pappy's farm.

Pappy's is a reasonably large vegetable, honey and egg growing operation, just down the road from us. They used to sell out of a little roadside stall, which we frequented quite regularly, but they've now moved into town and, along with their own stuff, they also stock fruits and vegetables from other local growers. The thing I really like about Pappy's is that it's all really well labeled, so you know exactly what you're buying and where it came from. I think that's a good thing to know.
Olive's quite taken with the Pappy's neat rows, and wants to know if our vegetable garden is going to look like that. We don't really know how to explain that our new garden is going to be just like our old garden - rambling, overgrown and crowded, with not a row in sight. Just the way we like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment