Monday, September 5, 2011

Not exactly a pet-free household



Those of you who are cat people will know that cats, for some reason, have an inbuilt radar that can detect non-cat-lovers. When said radar goes off, the cat invariably climbs on/smooches/rubs their face all over the detected non-cat-lover. I find this kind of funny. My cat Bunn, for example is a notoriously un-smoochy cat. That is, of course, unless you are decidedly ambivalent towards cats. Then she turns on the charm.


For this reason, I'm assuming that the skirt she paraded all over this afternoon while I was trying to photograph it, has been made for a non-cat-lover.
The skirt in question was first cab off the rank in the extraordinary avalanche of custom skirt orders that has been steadily heading my way since I announced the grand P&E moving to the country sale. Phew! Who woulda thought? Well, apparently Pearl thought ("yeah, I kinda wondered what you were doing...") but didn't say anything. So now I'm in the thick of it, though achieving my objectives of a: raising a slush fund for the move and b: getting rid of some of my fabric stash so there's less to move. So all's good, really.
And what's more, I'm getting to sew some really fun skirts!


This one, sewn for the lady who may-or-may-not be a cat lover, is a beautiful soft mustardy summer cotton, with a pocket and waistband detail in a sweet little vintage floral print in browns and reds. This fabric has been hanging around FOR AGES. I totally love it, though it was a bit of an annoying size. But perfect for a waistband and pocket. So when my lady said she loved mustards, reds browns and pockets, I knew just what I had to do. I hope she's happy, and not disgusted by the fact that a cat paraded on it.


1 comment:

  1. I love this skirt Annie, like seriously, I want to run away with it! I have the PERFECT pair of rust colored tights too, sad face that it isn't mine, happy face that it is goi to someone who will love it, hopefully half as much as I do. Bunn is adorable and I hope she tries out all my future creations before being sent to me! Love, love

    ReplyDelete