Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nights home alone mean...

Sewing up skirts by lamplight, baby asleep in the corner, eating from a tub of Maggie Beer chocolate ice-cream and listening to PJ Harvey, Laura Marling and Black Prairie on my ipod.
The latest offerings include an absolute gem of a skirt, made from a vintage, 100% linen souvenir of Queensland tablecloth.







Anyone who's visited my house or seen more than 2 of my skirts will know I'm a die-hard fan of all things Australiana, particularly when they're of the souvenir linen variety, so
when I picked up this tablecloth a couple of weeks ago I was pretty darn excited.



I love the detail!
There's a lady on a beach wearing a poncho, no less (OBVIOUSLY what you're meant to wear when visiting the Sunshine Coast).







I also made it to the end of the most amazing floral-print barkcloth curtain that has very happily furnished several of my loved ones with skirts. I teamed it with some red linen and polka-dot bias binding.
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Also on offer: A flora and fauna number, also made from the linen Queensland tablecloth,

a bit of a 70s kitchen-esque mini (like the apron you're wearing when you're not wearing an apron),
some kind of floral and strawberry situation,
roses with red polka-dots! Yeah!
my personal favourite. I know it's daggy, but gingham can actually do no wrong, when you think about it...
And I felt pretty good about my accomplishments, at the end of the evening. Stay tuned and I'll let you know when and where these little pretties will be available for your wearing pleasure.

3 comments:

  1. I love your style! I just saw your little bolero on Georgie Love, it's so cute! Did you draft your own pattern, or was it a vintage pattern? I can't find one with a decent shape. You've inspired me to dig a little harder in op shops ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. Yes I did draft my own pattern for the bolero, after a bit of trial and error.It's a fun and versatile item to own. Good luck with your oppie trawling x Annie
    PS: Cloth nappies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh... is the skirt with the roses still available? If so, what size it is? Want want want! x

    ReplyDelete