Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Honourable mentions



Well, here's an oldie but a goodie, posted after Cut + Paste festival last year. I was thrilled (!) as it was my first ever blog mention, and I thought that was cool... And the blog itself is cool... so check it out.

More recently, however, my holidays were made a little brighter (they were pretty bright to begin with - far South Coast op-shop adventures and swimming every day whilst eating all and sundry sweet treats and drinking healthy doses of Death in the Afternoon. The word that springs to mind is "awesome") by a mention on the Frankie blog, AND the absolutely gorgeous Frocks and Frou Frou.

The first time I read Frankie, I was a little affronted that a schmick, glossy magazine could be so perfectly pitched to ME. But then I got over my delusions of being too unique for a magazine publication and fell in love. Like my brother says, that magazine makes you wanna buy shit (on account of EVERY SINGLE THING in it being so frikking cool) so I was pretty much EXCITED that my boleros got a mention on the blog. Now if I can only get something into the magazine itself....

When Sally (Georgie Love) first told me about the lovely blog belonging to Lilli, I was in love. Apart from being GORGEOUS, Lilli is doing her bit for the larger ladies out there, looking totally hot and helping to spread the word about little designers like yours truly. When I heard she was a bit keen on P&E I decided to make her a skirt. The brief? "I was thinking the other day that I didn't have much in pink - so could we use that as a colour base? I also love your skirts with Australian birds and flowers on them, lol! Look, to be honest I love EVERYTHING you do, so I might be one of those annoying customers who goes "YOU choose!". When you think "pink" and you think "Australiana" the obvious choice is a Galah, is it not? Well it was to me, so I went with it, and was pretty happy with the result. But more importantly, Lilli was happy too.

Here's to pink birds. On tea-towels. That have been made into skirts. Worn by lovely lasses.


No comments:

Post a Comment